Salad with chicken, nuts, and orange vinaigrette
- 100 g baby rocket
- 1 pc. French lettuce
- 100 g of valerian leaves (optional)
- 4 red Lola leaves or radicchio
- 80 g roasted or boiled chicken
- 8 pcs. walnuts
- 4 dried figs
- 4 dried dates or 2 tablespoons cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 10 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1/2 orange (its juice)
- Balsamic cream (optional)
- Wash the vegetables well in cold water and let them drain.
- Bake the chicken in a pan with a little oil.
- We break the nuts by hand.
- Cut the dates and figs with a knife into preferably small cubes.
- In a bowl, whisk the mustard with the honey and slowly add the oil (we do not want it to be too thin because we will add the juice).
- Slowly add the orange juice to the vinaigrette.
- Cut the chicken into cubes.
- In a large bowl, chop the vegetables by hand.
- Add the chicken and nuts.
- Add the vinaigrette and mix the salad.
- Serve on a plate and if you want, make lines with balsamic cream.
Source: cookpad.com, George Kokkolis